Who are we?
We are a close-knit, open-minded family with a competitive streak that makes our warehouse a fun place to work. Even with forklifts and remote-controlled cranes, moving tons of steel in sometimes-extreme weather takes people who enjoy being challenged and don’t mind a bit of dirt. We know how to work as a team, we are committed to working safely, and our positive attitudes make the time pass quickly. Our employees enjoy working for a company where hard work is rewarded and the management team cares about them and their families.
- Production bonus is available after 90 days
- Medical, dental, vision, & supplemental insurances available after 60 days
- 401k with employer match after 60 days
- 1 week vacation after 6 months, 2 weeks after 1 year
- Paid holidays and paid personal time
- Attend all scheduled safety, department, and company meetings as required
- Follow and enforce company safety polices and safe work practices at all times to ensure safety of self and others.
- Establish priorities and accepts responsibility for efficiently staging, loading, and unloading material
- Responsible for ensuring inventory is accurate.
- Inspects and verifies all aspects of the material (grade, size, quantity, heat, measurements, etc) when shipping,
receiving, or handling. Reports discrepancies or quality issues to Supervisor.
- Scrutinize customer requirements and special instructions to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure audit and material traceability procedures are being followed throughout the warehouse.
- Inspect and operate all related equipment (overhead cranes, forklifts, etc) in accordance with company and safety guidelines
- Conducts self in a cooperative, safe, productive and team-oriented manner with supervisors, managers, and employees
Physical & Work Requirements:
- Working In a yard or warehouse facility within OSHA guidelines; conditions may be heated and/or unheated, dusty and noisy; steel-toed boots required daily
- Facility is a multiple shift operation. Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule and be on-call at various times including possible weekends and holidays.
- Fast-paced moderately stressful, constantly changing day to day work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, or be mobile for up to eight hours per shift. Capable of ascending and descending material handling equipment
- Ability to lift up to 51 pounds as needed. Pushing, pulling, or carrying up to 50 pounds
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts or chemicals.
- Wear proper PPE at all times (as described in company policy).
- Operate company vehicles including forklifts and yard trucks
Required Background, Competencies & Expertise:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to effectively read and use a tape measure, caliper and micrometer, and other hand tools
- Proven experience operating material handling equipment
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to read and interpret instructions
- Strong computer, tablet, or mobile device skills
- Proven basic math skills
- Action orientation
- Safety orientation
- Achievement orientation
- Thoroughness / Detail orientation
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Background, Competencies & Expertise:
- Understanding of SPS policies and procedures
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 quality procedures where applicable
- Three or more years general work experience preferred
- Ability to plan and execute short and long term goals
- Experience in continuous and/or quality management preferred
- Learning agility