JOIN OUR TEAM! We are looking to fill various positions within the United States Postal Service. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Challenging and rewarding environment. Visit www.usps.com/career for more information and APPLY TODAY!!!
Regularly operates a heavy duty tractor-trailer either in over-the-road service, city shuttle service, or trailer spotting operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a tractor-trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned; or operates a tractor-trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two-way radio or through designated supervisors.
2. Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
3. Ascertains the condition of the tractor-trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage; reports all accidents , mechanical defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
4. Makes decisions respecting changes in route in emergency; makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or leaving it for later trip.
5. In addition, may prepare daily trip reports; make minor repairs or adjustments to vehicle in emergencies; load and unload mail; perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
BENEFITS INFORMATION: This is a career position which offers
excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by the Federal Employees
Retirement System (FERS). Newly hired employees are eligible to contribute into
the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer
the option to enroll in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program as
well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and
Long-Term Care Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to
cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care (day care) expenses
are also available, as well as accrued vacation and sick leave.