• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• One year of experience, either formal or informal, working with young children.
• See General Staff Requirement.
• Assist teachers and children in creating a safe, calm atmosphere for playing and learning.
• Participate in carrying out teacher planned activities.
• Assist in cleaning of tables and art materials
• Assist with snack preparation and cleanup.
• Set up lunches, if needed.
• Supervise children during hand washing and toileting.
• Set up cots and mats after each use.
• Bleach cots and mats after each use.
• Supervise children resting during rest time.
• Supervise outdoor play.
• Supervise free-play time and centers.
• Report any inappropriate or unusual behavior to teacher or Director.
• Monitor and report any child who does not appear well.
• Help keep the preschool tidy.
• Participate in or direct large group time.
• Respond to the needs of the children.
• Perform cleaning duties as assigned by head staff.
• Assist with emergency drills.
• Attendance at family meetings and open house is encouraged.
• Participate in special events.
• Attend all mandatory staff trainings.
• Chemical Drills/Shelter in Place
• Update CPR training, first aid certificate
• Maintain current health physical exam, T.B., background check.
• Maintain 12 hours of training in early childhood development.
• Complete courses in Symptoms of illness and identifying Child Abuse and Neglect.