Structural Design Engineer
Kansas City, KS
Structural Design EngineerJob description
A premier firm in Design-Build engineering is looking for a Structural Design Engineer at our
Kansas City area location.
Seeking a self-motivated engineer to work full-time and who is proficient in Structural
Engineering. The candidate should be flexible to float into different project and office roles. We
are looking for a candidate that is an Engineer Intern (EI) and plans on obtaining a PE or SE
license in the next 2-5 years, as a Professional Engineer (PE) is not required. This position has
great potential for advancement and growth into a project engineer.
Our office specializes in steel structures and concrete foundations for towers, industrial
structures, shallow and deep foundations in agricultural, ethanol, wind, and industrial facilities.
We specialize in civil, structural, and rail engineering.
· Opportunity to perform unique and challenging structural designs.
· Perform calculations, develop plans, create drawings and 3D models, verify that all designs
meet structural quality and design standards.
· Develop information needed for structural design and construction drawings, create
guidelines, checklists, and other knowledge base documents.
Applicant must satisfy (most) of the following requirements:
· Open to obtaining either a PE license or an SE license, or both.
· Have at least 2-5 years of experience.
· Strong consideration for the candidate who has design experience in reinforced concrete,
shallow and deep foundations, steel structures; and is familiar with wood, masonry, and cold
formed steel construction.
· Developed skill in professional and technical writing.
· Proficient in AutoCAD
· Good computer skills and experience using RISA 3D software. It is not a requirement to be
proficient, but would like candidate to be familiar with or willing to learn if necessary.
· Comprehension of the latest edition and previous editions of the following codes:
International Building Code, ASCE 7, ACI 318, and AISC Steel Construction Manual.
· Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with clients, owners,
and contractors while simultaneously managing a diversified workload, and challenging
situations efficiently and effectively.
· Office setting regularly sit, stand, walk and interoffice discussions.
· Travel in the US (5%-15%)
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits
We are a small firm that uses our Midwest values to tackle nationwide projects. We push the
envelope on technology while respecting traditional engineering methods. We specialize in
Civil, Structural, and Rail engineering. We have an intense work ethic and a project portfolio
that ranges from small commercial expansions to multimillion-dollar industrial facilities. We are
eager to add an individual to our team who believes that project delivery is more than just
punching numbers and calculations, it’s about helping clients meet their needs and goals.