Plan and provide engineering, construction, testing & commissioning support for substation projects ranging from 12-kV to 500-kV. Assist project manager to develop scope of work and conceptual design for the projects. Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager, client and others as needed. Design auxiliary AC and DC power systems. Coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments. Coordinate with and provide technical assistance to SCADA engineers, substation physical engineers and control design staff to fully develop system integration of protection, control and monitoring systems. Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. 10% domestic travel for business meetings. Multiple positions available.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a directly related field plus three (3) years of experience in the Power Engineering industry.
- Must have 6 months of experience in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Providing engineering for the design of (Greenfield or Brownfield) substation (AIS or GIS) facilities for voltages from 12-kV up to and including 500-kV.
- Experience with multiple electric utility standard techniques, procedures and criteria utilizing NESC standards
- Providing protection and control, and engineering analysis and supporting calculations.
- Preparing new and modify existing relay drawings including single/three lines, AC/DC schematics, equipment wiring, relay and control panel arrangements and wiring diagrams.
- Preparing new and modify existing SCADA, Fiber optic, Relay/IEDs communication elementaries
- Preparing new and modify existing Bill of Material (BOM), Substations Alarms, SCADA points, DNP mapping, and Cable list.
- P&C Engineering and Design for substation upgrades (line relaying upgrades, circuit breakers replacement, SCADA upgrades, removal of power line carriers)
- P&C Engineering and Design for installation of capacitor banks at transmissions and distributions substations.
- P&C Engineering and Design for installation of reactors at transmission substations.
- Protection and Control of Bus-bars, Transformers, Capacitor Banks, Reactors and Transmission Lines (Pilot relaying POTT, DTT, DCB) and line differential.
- Load Flow, Short Circuit, and Coordination Studies.
Requires completion of FE exam.
Will accept a Master's degree plus two (2) years of experience in the Power Engineering industry.
40 hours/week. 9am - 5pm.
Qualified applicants please submit resume to www.burnsmcd.com/careers. Requisition ID 192262. Employees may also refer a candidate to apply and be eligible for an award through Burns & McDonnell's Employee Referral Program described in the company's Policy Manual. Burns & McDonnell Corporate Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.