Senior Project Engineer: (Kansas City, MO - multiple openings) Electrical Engineer responsible for leading overall engineering design efforts for various substation projects from 69-kV up to 500-kV. Manage client needs by developing conceptual scope, detail scope, engineering estimates, and schedules. Lead and provide technical oversight to the project design team, conduct design progress reviews, and support quality control needs. Act as primary contact for client side personnel for construction support activities as well as engineering teams and project management teams on a regular basis regarding various ongoing design and construction activities. Perform quality control reviews of others work and provide feedback and instruction. Provide monthly cash flow updates and status updates on various projects. Lead proposal work when bidding on future work, and work with material manufacturers, provide specifications, work on preliminary drawings and estimates. Travel to project sites to perform pre-construction meetings, status update meetings, and post construction close out meetings. Train and mentor lower level engineers.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field from an ABET accredited program
7 years of experience in electrical systems studies in the electric utility or industrial power distribution industry, to include:
- Review of client's project/ tender documents including scope of work and project specification.
- Creating/modifying design for one-line, three-lines, control schematics, wiring, panel arrangements, trench & tray design, communication & RTU design, cable scheduling, relay coordination, setting for microprocessor based relays, voltage drop, grounding & lightning, electrical load list, building/ substation lighting, and BOM (Bill of Material) for electrical substation.
- Creating/modifying technical specifications for power transformers, circuit breakers, control house/ building, panels, and DC battery & UPS (uninterrupted power supply) system and reviewing vendor drawings to perform technical bid evaluation.
- Performing factory (FATs) and/or site (SATs) acceptance tests using relevant codes & standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, and ANSI.
5 years of which must include:
- Leading engineering teams on engineering scoping and design for multiple projects.
- Leading engineering activities for budget, schedule, and quality.
- Developing preliminary design layouts.
- Leading implementation of Quality Program and independent reviewing of engineering deliverables.
- Leading preparation of and/or prepare monthly client status reports.
- Coordinating with and providing technical assistance to field engineer for substation construction & commissioning activities.
Professional Engineering license required.
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus 7/5 years of experience, a Master's degree plus 5/3 years of experience and licensure is acceptable.
This position requires domestic travel to work-sites 10% of the time.
To apply, go to www.burnsmcd.com and reference job order #192305