CAPS®, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation’s largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
Prepares compounded sterile products and performs related activities under the direction of a pharmacist.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique.
- Assists in the set up of the compounding room, equipment, and supplies for preparation of compounded sterile solutions, using aseptic technique.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Participates in cleanroom product introduction activities.
- Prepares records and monitors results for pharmaceutical quality assurance testing.
- Participates in and delivers training as required by supervisor
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of IV products and compounding procedures.
- Knowledge of proper gowning procedure and aseptic technique.
- General knowledge of USP 797 and cGMP’s.
- Ability to perform pharmacy calculations and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply basic phone etiquette skills when speaking to customers.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technician registration where required.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification and certificate from accredited school in states where required.
- Minimum of one year experience in aseptic preparation of compounded sterile products.
- Effective communication skills.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.