Material Handler - Receiving
Kansas City, MO 64126
This position loads and unloads material within the warehouse. The position uses hand trucks, forklifts or other handling equipment to move material. Position requires safe handling and proper packaging of material as well as a high degree of accuracy.
· Safely handles products and loads all material shipped by the company
· Properly unloads, sorts, measures, counts, documents, tags and bands material to ensure accuracy and safety
· Completes order fulfillment documentation including initialing and annotating pick lists, weight and pallet space computation and shipping tags.
· Provides assistance to the sales team.
· Manages user level maintenance on assigned forklift
· Maintains product area organization
· Works under immediate supervision with assigned tasks and priorities
Machines, Tools, Equipment:
Computer, printer, telephone, two-way radio, fax, welders, portable and stationary saws, assortment of power tools, overhead crane, forklift, pallet jack.
· Forklift operator or ability to become forklift certified
· Ability to operate and read industrial scales and tape measures
· Operates packaging equipment, stretch wrap machine and banding material equipment
· Ability to relate well to others
· High school diploma or equivalent job experience
· 1-3 years industry experience
· Must pass drug screen
· Results oriented/strong work ethic
· Ability to prioritize
· Strong communicator with solid interpersonal skills
· Strong team player
· Organized, with an ability to plan, schedule and monitor time, activity and projects
Work is performed in a fabrication and distribution center. The work environment can be distracting due to noise and moving equipment in operation. The work place is noisy and dusty. Workplace is subject to climate changes.
Must be able to see, walk, hear, and speak. Intermittent sitting, standing, climbing, stooping, and
bending while filling orders or storing goods. Must have excellent sense of balance. May need to lift up to 50 pounds.
The successful candidate must live in the HUBZone (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map) or relocate there within 60 days with no relocation assistance.