Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist plant personnel when food safety or quality concerns arise.
• Work with all personnel including management.
• Perform daily Pre-Operational inspections
• Perform product inspections based off of product specification requirements.
o Be able to measure product by using a ruler.
o Be able to take both internal and external product temperatures with the use of a thermometer.
o Be able to read a scale for weighing finished product and boxes
o Be able to read and verify labels are correct.
o Be able to calculate pickup percentages (once trained)
o Be able to read and write English
• Observe employee habits and verify they are following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• Perform Equipment / Infrastructure / Environmental swabbing (once trained and if scheduled).
• Assist with Product Holds.
• Perform HACCP monitoring and direct observation’s (once trained).
• Backup other QA personnel in their absence.
• Weekend work as scheduled.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
• Be able to withstand a cold environment
• Be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Be able to follow directions.
Previous meat, poultry, dairy, or other food manufacturing experience is a plus
Previous Quality Assurance experience is a plus
HACCP certified is a plus
Previous auditing experience is a plus
Previous experience using a ruler or caliper a plus
Previous experience using a scale a plus
Previous experience using a calculator