Summary: The Electrical Programmer position manages all programming duties of all PLC Equipment and any troubleshooting issues that arise.
programming duties of various PLC equipment and electrical panels.·Ability to read electrical diagrams and schematics.·Working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration system functionality and operations.·Guides and mentors electrical service technicians in their duties.·Inspects PLC equipment and other electrical components.·Troubleshoot panel issues using appropriate of testing devices.·Interprets statutes and regulations.·Willingness to travel as needed throughout the continental US.·Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, brings problems to the attention of the Safety Director.·Adheres to Preston Refrigeration guidelines for expense reports and submits to Payroll Specialist in a timely manner.·Maintain a neat and clean appearance and motivated, positive attitude.Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems required.
· Experience with PLC programming required including, Allen Bradley and Opto 22 PLC controls, including systems by Frick and AAIM.
· Knowledge of building materials, engineering standards, and codes.
· Proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
· Ability to travel 75% of the time with overnight stays when required.
· Effective communication skills.