Kansas City, MO 64111-770
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
• Works as a part of the property management team to deliver departmental goals, objectives and systems.
• Maintains regular contact and builds solid working relationships with Property Managers and department leaders to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Responsible for all preventative maintenance, necessary maintenance and repairs to the buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must be familiar with the location and have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
• Establishes schedule and conducts routine preventive maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems, lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include but are not limited to; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components. Also conducts general building maintenance, as needed.
• Responds to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs.
• Prepares and maintains maintenance logs and records.
• Follows all EPA and OSHA safety code standards.
• Coordinates contractor, tenant and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor. Maintains log of work order details. Maintain ongoing communication with property manager; meeting on a regular and as-needed basis
• Performs all assigned work to ensure the safety of the building’s tenants and the continuous operation of the property.
• Familiarity with and conforms to all written operating procedures associated with the property.
• Assists in snow and ice removal operations, including the coordination of plowing and salting activities by outside vendors.
• Maintain availability to take overtime and emergency calls and to be part of the on-call system
• Other duties as assigned by Property Manager
BS degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Three to five years previous building operations engineering experience.
• Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft, Windows, and Outlook.
• Ability to read blue prints and schematics.
• Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software systems.
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple
priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Team oriented, with the ability to build consensus and effective relationships in a
cohesive business environment.
• Must have a passion for customer service excellence.
• Valid Driver’s License required.