Assistant Manager Job Description
The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Community Manager. It is essential that the Assistant Manager report to work at his/her regularly scheduled work hours. The Assistant Manager must be able to “walk” the property on a regular and as needed basis in order to perform his/her job duties. The Assistant Manager must have the physical capability to walk all around the property, including stairs. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Observe the condition of the apartment complex including buildings, grounds, resident units, and all other facilities. Arrange for appropriate maintenance, repair, and improvement of the same.
2. The Assistant Manager must maintain a valid driver's license.
3. Answer the telephone; answer calls from prospects and record on the Daily Traffic Report.
4. Post collections to the computerized property management system.
5. Maintain the computerized property management system with up-to-date data entry.
6. Assist all other office personnel as directed.
7. File all completed work orders.
8. Complete any other filing duties assigned.
9. Work hours are set by the Portfolio Manager based on collections and performance. No changes without the supervisor’s approval.
10. Maintains the confidentiality of all personnel and resident files.
In addition, the Assistant Manager will perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Community Manager or other supervisors.