Administrative Research Assistant
1920 143rd Street Suite 120
Leawood, KS 66224
Job Title: Administrative Research Assistant
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 per year commensurate with experience
Location: Leawood, KS
Under general direction of Senior Research Leadership and guidance from the Project Coordinator, provides administrative support to research team.
Administrative - 50%
·Assist with general files organization and archiving, recording and routing documents and reports for signatures; collate and establish study-specific research and reference binders. ·Manage, sort, and distribute incoming/outgoing mails and deliveries. Follow study specific guidelines for collection, labeling, and/or shipping; keep kitchenette, filing and storage areas organized and stocked as needed; contact landlord, maintenance, and housekeeping as necessary.·Check company hosting website emails and route message appropriately. ·Manage calendar and meeting scheduling for company meetings and events; manage announcement and reminders to PIs and team members on upcoming staff meetings and other information as requested; coordinate and complete required research documents for company meeting. ·Assist PIs and team members with business travel and prepare documents for travel reimbursement/purchases/expenses; arrange all aspects of business travel by using the institutional and funder guidelines, database, and forms for processing; coordinate and oversee the processing of reimbursements.·Assess supply needs of office and work with team members in ordering; disseminate supplies to appropriate locations upon arrival.·Assist Project Coordinator with administrative tasks and serve as a backup when needed. ·Perform diverse and on occasion confidential administrative support functions.Research Program Coordination 20%
·Coordinate and complete required research documents for program meeting and transcribe and monitor meetings with PI and team members. ·Assist with maintaining and tracking study-specific information and participant enrollment. ·Assist Project Coordinator with study start-up forms and questionnaires as needed. ·Archive completed research projects for long-term storage and assist with tracking/maintaining log of archived materials. ·Obtain PI e-signatures or other research team members for important documents as needed. ·Assist with coordination of research projects (scheduling research interviews/surveys, keeping track of project activities, cloud storage organization. etc.)·Maintain and update PIs and team members’ CVs, NIH biosketches, various web-based profiles (e.g., My NCBI and PMCID), and other research information (e.g., publications, monograph) for company records and websites. Send revised information to Human Resources. ·Assists in submission of research manuscripts, publications and editorials; corresponds with authors and publishers as appropriate; ensures compliance, when appropriate, with the NIH Public Access Policy.Protocol Coordination and Other - 20%
·Prioritize and schedule multiple complex PIs or senior-level internal/external meetings and conference calls, including usage of Google calendar, Doodle polls, Calendly, etc.·Help coordinate logistics for meetings and special events under supervision of PIs and Project Coordinator and other team members, including agendas, note taking, space reservation, catering, etc.·Serve as liaison between company and outside organizations, government agencies and representatives coordinating meetings, calls and research related activities. ·Delivery and transmittal of important/urgent documents to PIs and company head quarter. ·Coordinate team wellness/team spirit and staff and team members appreciation events, including preparation of research teams slide presentations. ·Track and submit participants incentives. ·Perform related tasks as assigned; Other projects and duties as neededData Coordination - 10%
·Collaborate with the Data Science Core and Qualitative Data Core teams and assist with projects as needed ·Work with Project Coordinators to develop study-specific data acquisition forms. ·Transfer and store de-identified data from the interviews, focus groups, or surveys that are being conducted by the PIs and team members to a secure cloud storage site.
• Strong communication and above average computer skills.
• Competency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and document creation and manipulation (Adobe Acrobat).
• Ability to communicate to gather/convey relevant information.
• Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail, sense of urgency and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to adhere to a hybrid work model (i.e., both in-person meetings and remote work). Some work weeks may require daily presence at the company office, but will have the option of working remotely 2-3 days/week.
• Position requires maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or specialized training in administration or project coordination preferred.
• Approximately 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience working in research setting and research related administrative experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with remote video conferencing software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet), project management software (Asana), Google Suite (Sheets, Calendar, Docs), and secured cloud storage (Box) preferred.
1920 143rd Street