Aetna Better Health of Kansas is looking for people like you who value excellence, integrity, caring and innovation. As an employee, you'll join a team dedicated to improving the lives of the most vulnerable in our population. Our vision incorporates community-based health care that works. We value diversity. Align your career goals with Aetna Better Health of Kansas, and we will support you all the way.
The Foster Care Coordinator is responsible for working with the DCF and the KDADS and has demonstrated experience working in the Foster Care system to help health plan staff, members and families navigate through and coordinate with various programs and systems of care. This position works closely with functional area managers to ensure consistency in clinical interventions supporting our members and is accountable for meeting the financial, operational and quality objectives of the unit. The Foster Care Coordinator supports the business by recommending appropriate actions, strategies and/or alternatives to meet business needs. This position has responsibility for leading/managing program such as planning, coordination, development, implementation including the financial implications while prioritizing work, resources and time. Our highly collaborative process often requires managing relationships across the multiple functional areas.
- Oversees the implementation of healthcare management services for assigned functional area.
- Implements policies & procedures in accordance with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. NCQA, URAC, state and federal standards and mandates as applicable).
- Serves as a content model expert and mentor to the team regarding practice standards, quality of interventions, problem resolution and critical thinking.
- Ensures implementation and monitoring of best practice approaches and innovations to better address the member's needs across the continuum of care.
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
- Develops and implements strategic business plan to achieve business goals.
- Proactively leads project by setting strategic direction.
- Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization.
- Collaborates and partners with other functional managers, other business areas across/within segments or other business areas to ensure all workflow processes and interdependencies are identified and addressed.
- Consults with constituents (these may be internal and/or external) to scope/define project.
- Influences change in order to improve performance results, organization effectiveness and/or systems/quality/services.
- Obtains financial support for projects or supports the work as it relates to program management.
- Collaboratively works across multiple functions and /or segments to obtain agreement from all impacted parties (e.g., up and downstream effects often impact multiple functions and/or segments.
- Responsible for development and implementation of new ideas that supports work/team.
- Cross function/segment group facilitation/presentation.
- Accountable for maintaining compliance with policies and procedures and implements them at the employee level
- May act as a single point of contact for the customer and the Account Team including: participation in customer meetings, implementation and oversight of customer cultural requirements, and support implementation of new customers.
- May act as a liaison with other key business areas.
- 3-5 years in demonstrated experience working in the Foster Care system required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Providers, Members, staff and other leaders both in verbal, written and presentation formats required.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focus on interventions to improve outcomes required.
- Computer literacy and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and web-based applications and access databases is required.
- Knowledge of community resources and provider networks required.
.- Reporting: ability to understand and create reports with productivity and service metrics; identify gaps required.
- Frequent field based travel with personal vehicle is required; must have dependable transportation, valid and active KS driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- MCO experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse teams and populations required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast-paced changing environment required.
- I/DD (Intellectual or Developmental Disability) experience strongly preferred.
- LTSS and BH experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; licensed with KS RN license (BSN preferred) or a Master's level Behavioral Health professional independently licensed in KS (e.g., LSCSW, LCPC, LCP, LCMFT, LCAC) is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) is preferred.
- Mental Health/Licensed Independent Social Worker (e.g., LSCSW, LCPC, LCP, LCMFT, LCAC) is preferred.
General Business/Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen/ADVANCED
General Business/Ensuring Project Discipline/MASTERY
Leadership/Fostering a Global Perspective/FOUNDATION
Service/Demonstrating Service Discipline/ADVANCED
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/MASTERY
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.