Behavioral Health Support Director (LCP, PMHN) - KS MCD - 51939BR
Overland Park, KS
Are you ready to join a company that is changing the face of health care across the nation? Aetna Better Health of Kansas is looking for people like you who value excellence, integrity, caring and innovation. As an employee, you will join a team dedicated to improving the lives of KanCare members. Our vision incorporates community-based health care that works. We value diversity. Align your career goals with Aetna Better Health of Kansas, and we will support you all the way.
The Behavior Health Supports Director is dedicated to the KanCare program and the populations served in LTSS and Behavioral Health. This position shall oversee and be responsible for behavior support services provided to individuals receiving LTSS, and comparable populations. This position is responsible for working with the BH-CMO to oversee the ongoing management of Behavior Crisis Prevention, Intervention and Stabilization Services and shall be responsible for working with the other Medical Officers and the Pharmacy Director to ensure the integration of physical and Behavioral Health services and supports and LTSS, as applicable, for individuals in each of these populations, and to oversee the quality improvement initiatives regarding behavior supports and the appropriate use of psychotropic medications in each of these populations. This position oversees the implementation and on-going execution of the strategic and operational business plan for the business segment's clinical operations
- Develops and implements clinical programs and policies.
- Enhances relationships with providers, facilities, plan sponsors, regulatory agencies.
- Oversees and is responsible for behavior support services provided to individuals receiving LTSS, and comparable populations.
- Develops and manages clinical operations focused on improving clinical and financial outcomes, member engagement, and satisfaction.
- Serves as liaison with regulatory and accrediting agencies and other health business units.
- Formulates and implements strategy for achieving applicable department/unit metrics and provide operational direction.
- Serves as technical, professional and business resource (may cross multiple business functions).
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective customers.
- Directs/provides enhancements to business processes, policies and infrastructure to improve operational efficiency (may cross multiple business functions).
- Participates in internal and external health industry development efforts.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures, which meet business needs (may cross multiple business functions).
- Implements and monitors business plan and oversees any implementations or business transitions affecting service operations.
- Collaborates with other business areas across/within regions or segments and within other centralized corporate areas to ensure all workflow processes and interdependencies are identified and addressed on an on-going basis.
- Minimum of 8-10 years clinical and project leadership required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience in a healthcare setting required, preferably including management of case management, utilization management.
- Kansas licensed psychologist or board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist with an Advanced Practice Nursing (APN) degree is required.
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and directing behavior support services is required.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.) and have strong keyboard navigation skills.
- Must have sound clinical knowledge and be recognized as a credible clinical resources.
- General knowledge of health benefits business required.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation required.
- Ability to apply rigorous financial and value analysis to manager and enhance profitability required.
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly matrixed and changing environment. required.
- Knowledge of governmental and regulatory authorities required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a patient care setting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (IDD) strongly preferred.
- Experience with motivational interviewing and trauma informed care strongly preferred.
The minimum level of education required for candidates in this position is a Master's degree or equivalent experience. Kansas licensed psychologist or board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner OR Clinical Nurse Specialist with an Advanced Practice Nursing (APN) degree is required.
Kansas licensed psychologist or board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner OR
Clinical Nurse Specialist with an Advanced Practice Nursing (APN) degree.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.