Recreational Activity Coordinator
Developing Potential, INC.
Independence, MO 64050
Healthcare / Health Services
• Organize and carryout appropriate group activities and one-to-one sessions to enhance sensory motor, cognitive and social skills.
• Observe, support, and monitor progress during treatment sessions, modifying support programs as needed.
• Develop recreational support plan to meet needs of persons served, based on needs assessment, person’s interests, and objectives of
annual individual's support plan
• Assist persons served in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art, or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their
specific physical or psychological needs.
• Exhibit leadership qualities, mentor persons served, and engage them when participating in recreation programs
• Ensure persons served are treated with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence
Required skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or other mental health field required
• At least 2 years of experience in Recreational Activity Coordination
• Valid driver’s license – driving is required
Have your weekends off & enjoy benefits including:
• Health Insurance - portion of premiums paid by DPI
• Life Insurance - annual salary benefit - 100% of premium paid by DPI
• Simple IRA - DPI matches 100%, up to 3% of salary
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Mileage Reimbursement - for use of personal vehicle
• Paid Training - (On the job training and regular paid in-services)
• Flexible Spending Account that allows employees to set aside pretax payroll dollars to pay health and childcare expenses.
• Additional life and dental insurance benefits available
Apply Today by visiting www.developingpotential.net or by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Developing Potential, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. If you need any accommodation in the application and/or interview process, please notify; Kari Wiss - email@example.com. or Rebecca Case - firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
Developing Potential, INC.
251 NW Executive Way Ste 200
Developing Potential is a nationally accredited CARF Day Habilitation program that began providing support services to adults with developmental disabilities in Jackson County in 1993. DPI’s program focuses on building strengths, fostering independence, changing lives, and developing potential. This mission drives DPI’s program services and the commitment DPI has to helping individuals achieve an adult, dignified lifestyle.
Today, DPI continues to grow and the program continues to evolve to meet the needs of families throughout Jackson County. We are interested in employing people who want to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.