Office Manager and Project Coordinator
Youth Volunteer Corps
1025 Jefferson St
Kansas City, MO 64105
Are you a super organized, master of tasks? Do you enjoy helping others? Do you enjoy using your skills for special projects that contribute toward a team environment?
Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) is an international nonprofit with over 30 youth service programs around the U.S. and Canada. YVC programs create volunteer opportunities to address community needs and to inspire youth for a lifetime commitment to service. Over 300,000 youth have served with YVC since 1987. The headquartes office educates, equips and supports these programs.
YVC’s national headquarters is located in a beautifully restored home built in 1874 in the Quality Hill District of downtown Kansas City. Inside this house, you’ll find energy, enthusiasm, a supportive team, and loyalty to the idea that youth-service can change the world.
We need an Office Manager and Project Coordinator to support the Headquarters team! Managing all office operations, ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency, and managing special projects is all part of the impact you will make. We will figure out what your skills and passions are, then allow you to put those to work with special projects. You’ll find a learning atmostphere and an open-minded perspective that believes in potential even without experience.
This is a full-time position with an expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are flexible, with consistent start time and end time chosen by the employee but ensuring that the employee is in the office by at least 9:00 and staying until at least 4:00. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and has no direct reports.
Project Coordinator (50% of the position)
- Summit - Coordinate logistics for YVC’s annual conference, including securing and negotiating a hotel contract for the conference space and guest rooms, coordinating all meals and registration.
- Special projects – Depending on individual skills and passions, complete projects such as graphic design or grant writing, accounting, blog posts, grant tracking, website updates, etc.
Office Manager (30% of the position)
- Board support – Prepare Board meeting documents, attend all YVC Board meetings and develop the official minutes for the meetings.
- Office coordination - Maintain office supplies, keep an orderly recordkeeping system, assist with troubleshooting and maintenance for office equipment, work with IT contractor to coordinate office IT needs, run office errands.
- Hospitality – Ensure an inviting physical atmosphere by handling any building or décor needs, lead celebrations for team member accomplishments, prepare conference area and snacks/beverages for meetings with the Board or donors. Serve as the first impressions manager through receptionist, mail and phone answering duties (minimal).
- YVC team - Participate in YVC team meetings, contribute opinions and ideas.
Accounting/Bookkeeping (20% of the position)
- Payroll - Gather and submit semi-monthly payroll and quarterly payroll tax paperwork to payroll company, complete worker’s compensation audit.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable – Receive and process deposits, affiliate dues, create monthly invoices, create weekly checks, reconcile credit card.
- Audit – Select auditor via RFP process, prepare for annual audit, complete fraud risk assessment, be the primary liaison for on-site audit team.
- Insurance – Review annual insurance needs and recommend appropriate renewal, coordinate volunteer insurance for Affiliates.
YVC needs someone who has:
• High initiative and self-starting ability
• Excellent organization and prioritization
• A joyful personality and a willingness to help others
• A high degree of accuracy and follow through
• The ability to think creatively and strategically to solve problems
• A sense of urgency
Compensation: Salary and job title will be commensurate with experience and perceived job fit.
Benefits: This position is given three weeks Paid Time Off for the first three years, then 4-6 weeks depending on tenure, plus 14 paid holidays per year. The position also offers $350 per month toward self-directed benefits of your choosing.
Interested? Please submit letter of interest, resume, and 2 years’ salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Office Manager” for the subject line.
Employer Contact Information
Youth Volunteer Corps
1025 Jefferson St