Long Term Services & Support Director (LCPC, LCCSW, RN, LCP, LCMFT, LCAC) - KS MCD - 51925BR
Overland Park, KS
Are you ready to join a company that is changing the face of health care across the nation? Aetna Better Health of Kansas is looking for people like you who value excellence, integrity, caring and innovation. As an employee, you will join a team dedicated to improving the lives of KanCare members. Our vision incorporates community-based health care that works. We value diversity. Align your career goals with Aetna Better Health of Kansas, and we will support you all the way.
The LTSS Director/Manager is dedicated to the KanCare LTSS initiatives including care coordination efforts, housing, employment, transportation and community integration activities required for a high performing LTSS system. This position will work closely with the Medical Officers, Quality Director and other clinical partners to provide direction to improve coordination and implement community based and institutional initiatives, e.g., programs designed to address transitions from long-term institutional settings or Social Determinants of Health and Independence. This position develops, implements, supports, and promote Health Services strategies, tactics, policies, and programs that drive the delivery of quality healthcare to establish competitive business advantage for Aetna. Oversees the implementation and on-going execution of the strategic and operational business plan for the business segment's LTSS clinical operations. Coordinates business segment policies and procedures in support of financial, operational and service requirements. Qualified candidates must have experience working in the KS market: familiarity with and knowledge of local geography and demographics; KanCare program, membership and waivers; and local networks and providers.
This position may require up to 25% in-state travel.
- Develop and manage LTSS clinical operations focused on improving clinical and financial outcomes, member engagement, and satisfaction.
- Serve as liaison with regulatory and accrediting agencies and other health business units.
- Formulate and implement strategy for achieving applicable department/unit metrics and provide operational direction.
- Serve as technical, professional and business resource (may cross multiple business functions).
- Develop and participate in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective customers.
- Direct/provide enhancements to business processes, policies and infrastructure to improve operational efficiency (may cross multiple business functions).
- Participate in internal and external health industry development efforts.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures, which meet business needs (may cross multiple business functions).
- Implement and monitor business plan and oversee any implementations or business transitions impacting service operations.
- Collaborate and partner with other business areas across/within regions or segments and within other centralized corporate areas to ensure all workflow processes and interdependencies are identified and addressed on an on-going basis.
- Promote a clear vision aligned with company values and direction; sets specific challenging and achievable objectives and action plans; motivates others to balance customer needs and business success; challenges self and others to look to the future to create quality products, services, and solutions.
- Minimum of 8-10 years clinical leadership experience required.
- LTSS experience is required (including IDD experience strongly preferred).
- Ability to synthesize program performance and clinical outcomes requirement required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.) and strong keyboard navigation skills are required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% in-state required.
- RN with active and unencumbered KS license (BSN preferred) OR a master’s level Behavioral Health professional independently licensed in KS (e.g., LSCSW, LCPC, LCP, LCMFT, LCAC) is required.
- Experience working in the Kansas market is required.
The minimum level of education required for candidates in this position is an Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
At least ONE of the following is required (active and unrestricted for the State of KS):
- Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP)
- Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist (LCMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC)
Functional - Clinical / Medical/Direct patient care (hospital, private practice)/7-10 Years
Functional - Medical Management/Medical Management - Administration/Management/7-10 Years
Functional - Medical Management/Medical Management - Case Management/7-10 Years
Functional - Medical Management/Medical Management - Managed Care/Insurance Clinical Staff/7-10 Years
Functional - General Management/Multi-functional management: < 25 employees/4-6 Years
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.