Litigation Associate Attorney
Kozeny & McCubbin, LC
4210 Shawnee Mission Parkway Suite 203A
Kansas City, KS 66205
Security Clearance Required
Yes See details in job description
Kozeny & McCubbin, L.C. is a creditor’s rights law firm dedicated to providing the highest quality legal representation. We are currently seeking Litigation Associate Attorney candidates in the Kansas City area.
The primary responsibilities of the Litigation Associate Attorney position are to provide legal services and counsel, litigate cases, and advise the Firm’s clients and partners regarding legal rights, responsibilities, strategy, and best practices on retained matters. The individual in this position will be expected to keep current on changes in the law by reviewing available legal information and attending Continuing Legal Education courses. This position operates in a fast-paced environment of tight deadlines and very high standards.
The position is full time, Monday – Friday, minimum hours 8:00-5:00pm, some travel required for court appearances throughout Missouri and Kansas. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, paid time off, and various other voluntary, ancillary benefits.
Final candidates for this position will be required to pass pre-employment drug-screening, credit and criminal background checks, and education / credential verification.
Our firm is AV rated and an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail resume with salary requirement to:
Candidates may also use the following link to register and submit an on-line application:
• Law degree from an accredited university;
• License to practice in KS and MO, active and in good standing, with a willingness to obtain licensure for other states as requested;
• 3 to 10 years’ experience practicing civil litigation; experience in creditor’s rights litigation is preferred;
• Jury trial experience a plus;
• Advanced computer skills, with a high degree of proficiency in MS Word;
• Exceptional legal writing ability;
• Accuracy and the ability to handle a high-volume of work in a fast-paced environment efficiently;
• Professional demeanor and ability to work as part of a team while also being able to work independently; and
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.