Erik's Bike Shop is Now Hiring a Kansas City Store Manager!
Erik's Bike Shop
Kansas City, KS 6221
Security Clearance Required
The Store Manager is responsible for monitoring day-to-day operations of an Erik's Bike Shop retail store. This position requires strong leadership skills to train, supervise and lead sales and service staff in providing exceptional and knowledgeable customer service while driving towards the store's performance goals.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
Driving Store Performance
• Demonstrate and motivate staff to exceed customer expectations and drive sales performance to the highest level.
• Ensure the store is properly merchandised to plan and present a clean and welcoming appearance.
• Promote Erik's mission, values, and standards.
Managing Store Operations
• Must be available for the coverage of all store hours in the scope of normal business and emergencies at all times, with the exception of approved paid time off.
• Implement and monitor store objectives and budget.
• Schedule and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
• Ensure store policies and procedures are adhered to and operations are efficient and safe.
• Administration of store operational procedures.
• Create and maintain relationships with all Erik's staff and vendors.
• Encourage staff to engage and create a positive atmosphere for Erik's customers and employees.
• Continually coach staff to improve customer service and sales.
• Works closely with Erik's Training Department to develop solutions for individual needs.
• Partner with the Human Resources Manager on employee reviews and performance concerns.
• Assist the Regional Manager in identifying and developing future Managers, Assistant Managers, and Service Managers.
• Three years of retail management experience or a successful track record as an Erik's store Assistant Manager.
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Ability to manage, inspire and lead a team.
• Solid understanding of retail merchandising and selling skills.
• Knowledge of computers and technology.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Dedication to getting the job done.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.