Distribution Center Associate
11200 E. 210 Highway
Kansas City, MO 64161
Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes with a distribution center
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
• Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
• Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
• Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
• Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing Grainger’s quality system.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
• Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
• Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance requirements, including overtime as required.
• Able to do continuous lifting up to 75 pounds and be able to operate warehouse vehicles and material handling equipment.
• Operate PIE as required. PIE equipment could include Crown, Pacer, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Barrett and Turret Truck.
• Must be able to work at various elevated stations throughout the DC.
• Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Environment: This position reports directly to a Distribution Center Supervisor and/or Process Manager, and has regular interaction with other associates.
Impact: The efficiency and effectiveness of this position directly impacts customer satisfaction and profitability. Position must operate in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Materials guidelines.