Providing care and service for over 40 years.
It is the purpose of Platte County Board of Services for the Developmentally Disabled to increase opportunity for persons residing in Platte County who have a developmental disability by provision of services that encourage and support the individual’s functioning in the community. Platte County Board of Services provides services to enhance and support the interdependence, self sufficiency and productivity of those persons served.
Platte County Board of Services for the Developmentally Disabled provides services promoting normal patterns of life in which the rights and responsibilities of citizens with developmental disabilities are both respected and encouraged.
Platte County Board of Services is accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation.
The Day Habilitation Counselor provides direct services to persons served in the day services program.
Day Shift. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*PAID TIME OFF
Unless otherwise stated in the job description, all positions require a High School Diploma or G.E.D., age 21 or older, Class E drivers license or ability to obtain upon hire, and eligibility to work in the U.S. Previous experience preferred.
• Ensure the safety, health, and security of persons served.
• Advocate for persons served in all settings.
• Provide input into and implement all aspects of the Person Centered Plan.
• Administer medications as indicated on the M. A. R. for each person served.
• As needed, prepare meals that reflect medical and nutritional needs and personal preferences of persons served.
• Provide transportation to persons served.
• Maintain proper levels of communication with all members of the support group for persons served.
• Ensure opportunities for community integration for persons served.
• Maintain and operate all areas and programs to accreditation standards.
• Lift, transfer, and/or physically assist persons served as needed.
• Attend and pass all required training as scheduled. (CPR & First Aid, Med. Admin., PCI)
• Read and follow through on policies and procedures and keep abreast of changes and additional information.
• Submit annual physical and TB Test.
• Maintain all required documentation and filing per HIPAA requirements.
• Report facility and vehicle maintenance needs to the Day Habilitation Manager.
• Attend all meetings and agency functions as required.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
CPR/AED/First Aid Training
Medication Administration Training
All training will be provided onsite.
Employer Contact Information
Platte County Board of Services
Montoya (HR Coordinator)
7900 NW 106th Street
Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Group Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Retirement, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and Recruitment Compensation.